Sunday, September 5, 2010

#7-Music Videos

I already did my Audience Participation entry on music videos so I almost forgot that I hadn't yet included them in this countdown.

The TMBG music videos are alternately bizarre, funny, bouncy, clever and highly entertaining. I love watching the Johns dance and bounce around, especially Linnell. I appreciate that the videos don't try to tell a story to go along with the songs like some videos do. I prefer to imagine the story myself and just enjoy the Johns being silly.

Sometimes I wish I went to shows in an era when people still did the Ana Ng dance in the audience. For some reason I find the idea of choreographed dance routines to TMBG hilarious. Thus my idea of flash mobbing the Birdhouse video at my wedding.

Believe it or not, I was actually kind of a hard sell on the videos. I didn't love any of them the first time around. They had to grow on me. I think initially I found them too weird. But then eventually I realized that was why I liked them.

I would love it if they made some new videos for newer songs with the band. That would make me very happy. Though I enjoy the more recent animated ones they put out I miss the real live rock videos. Maybe for the new album, though somehow I doubt it.


1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha!! The literal video version of Birdhouse is hysterical! XD I've only seen one other of those before -- Aha's Take On Me. I'm going to have to look up some more of these. VERY amusing. :]


    "Sometimes I wish I went to shows in an era when people still did the Ana Ng dance in the audience."

    I did it at the Indy show last year! I'm sure I looked like an idiot, but I was so excited I didn't care. :D I wish the whole audience had done it with me, because I completely agree with this:

    "For some reason I find the idea of choreographed dance routines to TMBG hilarious."

    :D
    To be honest, any choreographed dancing makes me extremely giddy, especially when it seems to come out of nowhere. But TMBG music makes it that much better. :)

    ReplyDelete