Monday, September 6, 2010

#6 - The Kinetic Energy of Marty Beller

I do not think Marty ever stops moving. The man has so much energy he wears me out just watching him. I think about 75% of the pictures I have ever taken of Marty have just been a blur. Even when he is standing still, some part of him is still moving. Look at this picture. He's doing his mock serious Shoehorn bell ringing and even though he was standing stock still at the center of the stage he was still bopping his head enough to the music that his face blurred a little in the picture.

TMBG 11/27/09 #11

But the very best example of the boundless, endless energy of Marty Beller is his dancing. Once in every family show, Marty is set free from the drum throne to entertain us all with the most entertaining and carefree dance moves I have ever seen an adult male display. This is always one of my very favorite parts of a family show. And it amazes me that after such a wildly energetic dance break, Marty goes back to banging on the drums with as much enthusiasm as he had at the start of the show. He must sleep really well at night.

I haven't mastered action photography by any means, especially in low lighting, but here are a few shots that I think illustrate the man in motion.

1/31/09a #5

TMBG 10/17/09a #2

6/14/09 #56

TMBG 7/11/09 #36


And one of my favorite shots where Marty jumped right out of the frame as he was leaping off the drum platform.

TMBG 7/11/09 #31

No comments:

Post a Comment