Saturday, March 2, 2013

Song of the Day - Day 838

Today's song is...


Born In A Graveyard

I have dozens of recordings of different versions of this song, but do you have any idea how long it took me to figure out that Graveyard, the band introduction, was derived from this glockenspiel intro? A really stupidly long time, is the answer. (I think I actually only put it together when I was making the final list for SOTD last fall.) I don't know if I just never paid that close attention or I am just an idiot or what.

When I was at the Join Us tour kick-off show in New Haven in 2011, and Flans introduced Jon Carter in the crew, I got foolishly existed because I recognized him as the glockenspiel tech featured in so many recordings of this song I had heard. Both he and the routine entirely pre-dated my entrance to the fandom and it was like seeing a minor blast-from-the-past celebrity in the flesh. Sans glockenspiel of course. But still cool nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment