Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 743

Today's song is...


Broke In Two

Fantastic rhythm. The syncopated sort of beat that drives this song, makes the whole thing. This is one of the few songs where I can honestly say the guitar part is my favorite. That doesn't happen very often.  But it is true of a couple of my favorite songs on The Spine, including this one. And the lyrics are so very Linnellian. I can always appreciate a good clever/oddball Linnell turn of the word. And the end of the song is great, with those rising spacey effects. Just very good mixing all through.

Probably the first thing I was ever told about this song was that popular opinion held that it could never be performed live. And I have never understood why not. Yes, the guitar part is a little complicated, but I am sure that Dan could manage it. Sure, the effects would be a little different but aren't they always in the live version of anything? I just never got what the big publicly perceived stumbling block was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment