Friday, November 23, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 739

Today's song is...


Weep Day

I talk sometimes about songs that I feel like Flansburgh put together because they just appealed to him sonically. Well, here is a song that just appeals to me sonically. The melody and the sounds of the instrumentation are very appealing and the way the lyrics run to together, a little hard to distinguish but with a wonderful flow, is lovely. I thoroughly enjoy the instrumental break towards the end, and there is something about the end of the song, with the guys just repeating "weep" over and over that is very aurally pleasing. I have to admit, I never paid too much attention to the lyrics until now and they are more interesting than I expect. Reminds me a little bit of Purple Toupee. In a very good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment