Thursday, January 26, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 437

Today's song is...


My Man


Every now and then when I listen to this song I am struck with just how pretty it is. It is just a pretty song. There is so much going on musically and it all blends together really well and the electronic elements really compliment the live instruments. I am really fond of the programmed tune that plays over the verses and how it contrasts with the piano. And it's got bongos. And it you've been paying attention you'll know I have a fondness for bongos. Plus, the lyrics are so very John Linnell. A song about a guy talking to his body about its paralysis? It does not get much more John Linnell than that, unless maybe you tossed some skulls or unusual vocabulary words. And I really appreciate the simile he's got going between paralysis and the mooring in the ocean. I get that. Good analogy. Pretty song.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about this being a very pretty song. I really dig the lyrics in this one too.

    ReplyDelete