Sunday, January 13, 2013

Song of the Day - Day 790

Today's song is...


Sapphire Bullets Of Pure Love

This is one of my forgotten favorites. A song I really love but often forget about when I am thinking about my favorites. I adore the rhythm track on this song. I am sure it is 100% manufactured but I love it just the same. With the harmonies of the Johns voices it makes a really beautiful song.

This is also one of my favorite songs to watch Marty play live. It's like watching a dance. He does this fascinating thing where he spots the cowbell before he needs to hit it. Looks forwards, plays the first few notes, continues playing the next couple while his head turns to focus on the cowbell, then turns to hit the four notes on the bell. It is mesmerizing to watch. I actually took a video of it at one of the New Year's shows but I haven't gotten it off my phone yet.

But, man, what a good song.

No comments:

Post a Comment