Sunday, June 10, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 573

Today's song is...


The Joker


As you may remember, it has been my policy not to include covers in SOTD unless they were released in some at least vaguely official manner (with one or two exceptions due to sheer frequency of live play). Thus dozens of Stump the Band and Spin the Dial tracks have been dismissed as not qualifying. And I was all set to dismiss this in kind. So imagine my amazement when I realized that not only was it released on Unlimited, it was also played 15 times according to the wiki. Color me surprised! I was definitely not expecting that. I was listing to the Unlimited track before I realized it wasn't a one time performance and was going to make a comment about being impressed at how accurately Flans remembered the lyrics. But then, I guess he would after playing it so often in '94. I have to admit, I have a fondness for the song due to associations with my friends from college (the same crew with the running joke about Sargon, the Mesopotamian king). When I get my time machine, someone remind me to stop by one of the shows where this was performed so I can catch it live and in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment