Saturday, February 25, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 467

Today's song is...


We're The Replacements


It always takes me a minute, when they start playing this song, to realize this is what they are playing. The beginning sounds so much like something else. I think it's James K. Polk but I'm not sure. Regardless, this is a great song to hear live. It was one of the songs I heard at my first adult TMBG show but had no memory of. And then I didn't hear it again until this past summer. They played it numerous times in the interim but always at the shows I wasn't at. I was kind of shocked when I was finally in the crowd again when they started playing it. I think this song has one of my favorite introductions in the catalog. I just love the rhythm. That rolling drum beat combined with an awesome guitar riff with a bit of keyboard and bass thrown in. It almost doesn't matter what the lyrics are at all. I just love that beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment