Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 456

Today's song is...


High Five!





Not gonna lie. One of the primary reasons I flew to LA a couple of weeks ago was to see Marty perform this song again. I mean, I wanted to see the band and be there for the 30th Anniversary show and what not, but really I just wanted to see Marty dance :-) The man is such a tightly coiled bundle of energy on stage and it's so much fun to just watch him explode all over the place. And there's that moment in every performance when he sings "When it's time to celebrate with all your friends" and he and Flans sling their arms around each other and I just go "awwwwwwww". Plus, it is adorable watching the little kids giving him high fives. This isn't my favorite of Marty's songs, it's not even my second favorite, but it sure is a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Gah, the part where he throws his arm around Flans gets me every time. I also like the part in the middle where Marty spins around and Flans sings "Mr. Marty Beller, Mr. Marty Marty Beller" or some variant thereof. Confession: I've never actually heard the album version of this song, but I've seen it live a handful of times. Always really cute to see the little kids lining up for a high five from Marty.

    ReplyDelete