Sunday, February 12, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 454

Today's song is...


Destination Moon


I love this song. Love, love, love it. It is extremely high on my bucket list of songs I would like to hear live. Love the melody. And the very Linnellian lyrics with a delusional narrator trapped in a defective body a la My Man, Montana, 2082 and probably others I am not currently thinking of. But the chorus of this song is what really grabs me. The descending sequence that reminds me of Raitlin Bog (or House At The Top Of The Tree for that matter). I love songs like that. Always have, since I was little. So this song has instant appeal. But it was the melody that turned appeal into love. Damn, that Linnell sure does know how to write a great song.

1 comment:

  1. This song tends to get stuck in my head a lot, and for good reason. It's very catchy, the instrumentation is great, and the lyrics are very Linnellian. Oh! I saw you at the concert last night in Chattanooga, but I never got around to saying hello. I liked it even more than my first time. :)

    ReplyDelete