Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Song of The Day - Day 289

Today's song is...


Bee Of The Bird Of The Moth


Quite a while back I included this song on a list of my least favorite songs. I don't think that is really accurate. I don't actually dislike like it; I'm not even entirely indifferent to it. I'm trying to put my finger on what made me put it on that list. I think maybe it's a little too slow and I get bored with it before the song is over. I like the lyrics. I enjoy the horns and the guitar part. Somehow it just doesn't all jell for me. But I've long suspected that I'll wake up someday and discover I really love the song so there is still hope for it.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had more time to comment on this. I'll say this: The final verse, where there's an overlapping countermelody offset, and neither melody nor countermelody is the first/second verse melody in itself, but the first/second verse melody can be heard in the combined parts, anyhow, how that all happens, that's not a reason I listen to TMBG. That's a reason I listen to music itself.

    ReplyDelete