Saturday, July 10, 2010

Stage Announcements - 7/9/10

I am drastically behind on this entry but I hope you will forgive me as I come bearing a fresh, shiny new interview.

For your listening pleasure, I direct you to the full, unedited interview that the Johns did for Iain Lee's radio program on Absolute Radio in London a few weeks back. It's a really entertaining interview that feels more like a fun conversation than an official "I ask you a question, then you answer" sort of deal. Only parts of the interview were included on air so I am pointing you toward the podcast version that includes the whole thing.  You can listen streaming or download it and enjoy it forever from the Absolute Radio website.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/podcasts/Iain-Lee-s-Best-Bits/2010-07-07/


Also, the advantage of posting this so late is that I get to wish a very Happy Birthday to the King of the Drums, Mr. Marty Beller! Here's wishing him a fantastic birthday, lots of cake and another fantastic year of wrecking his best shit. You rock, Marty!

In honor of Marty's birthday, please enjoy this episode of Studio 360 from last year, particularly the segment called Watch What You Say, where Marty talks about The List. I would just like to personally thank Marty for pointing out to the world what a completely pointless phrase "it is what it is" actually is. My co-workers use it all the time and it drives me CRAZY.

http://www.studio360.org/episodes/2009/07/17

And in other Marty related news, I just discovered something while I was writing this entry that made me so excited I nearly screamed out loud and actually ran over the top of my bed to get my phone so I could text my boyfriend. As you have probably heard, Flansburgh is producing Jonathan Coulton's next album. If you have been reading this blog for long enough you will know that I am also a huge Jonathan Coulton fan so this made me very happy. It made me even more happy when JoCo announced that he would be doing 2 shows in Massachusetts in July to preview some of the new material. I purchased tickets to both, pretty much immediately. JoCo also mentioned that he would be bringing a band with him to those shows and I was kind of hoping, given Flansburgh's involvement, that that band would include some familiar faces. Well, I just nearly caused reckless injury to myself when I found out that Marty is, in fact, playing with JoCo at those shows. This news pretty much made my month. And I thought I was looking forward to these shows before!

Finally, I shall leave you with two of the videos Flans posted this week. You've seen them already but humor me and watch them again. Celebrate Marty's birthday with the first one but delete everything he says. And then wonder at how bizarre and yet strangely informative the second one is.




No comments:

Post a Comment