Saturday, December 29, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 775

Today's song is...


Stompy Intro


This is "my" intro. The one they used at all the earliest shows I attended. This intro was part of my formative show experience. It is forever tied in my heart to that feeling of excitement and anticipation that immediately precedes the start of a show. I will forever associate the sound of crickets with the start of a TMBG show. And once I had been going to shows for a while, there was a brief wonderful moment, when I heard the crickets but the rest of the crowd didn't recognize that the show was starting until the stomping. And for that one second, it was like the show was all mine. Secret, private anticipation. To be perfectly honest, I was a little crushed when they dropped this one in favor of the Sammy Intro. No intro since has ever been quite the same. But given the very special place this song holds in my heart and the type of song it is, I find it very fitting that it is the Song of the Day on the day I get to see a show again for the first time in eight months. It's like the intro is ushering the band back into my life. And I could not be more excited :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment