Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 758

Today's song is...


Take Out The Trash

When I first started going to shows, the band was playing this song frequently. Before it started Flansburgh would ask the audience, "Do you like fuzz bass?" "Yes," we would all cry. "Do you love fuzz bass?" "Yes!" "Are you ready for fuzz buzz?" "YES!" And then they would start the song. I remember that very fondly. And truth be told, I really do love fizz bass, at least in the context of this song. It's crunchy, delicious. This is exactly the sort of sound that runs through most of the tracks on The Else that makes it one of my favorite albums. This song is also permanently paired with I'm Impressed in my head. Not just because they are one-two on the album, but because they played to two together so often at my early shows. And who could forget Linnell's extremely enthusiastic cowbell playing? Not me, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment