Saturday, September 22, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 676

Today's song is...


Am I Awake?

This is appropriate since I forgot to post this until late at night. This is one of my absolute favorite TMBG songs. One of the ones I never get tired of, no matter how many times I hear it. I just love the rhythm of it. The drums are fantastic and the mixing and programming are perfect. And it is lyrically brilliant. I find myself thinking these lyrics in my head all the time when I am driving to work super early in the morning or home very late at night. And the song also contains one of my all time favorite lyrics: "Is it that time again?/Wasn't it already then?/So does it have to be/the time is was again?" Honestly, that line always reminds me of one of my favorite parts of Spaceballs when they are fast forwarding the movie and getting confused about the time continuum. But seriously, sometimes I am stunned by how good this song is. And it is one of the few songs that I would actually prefer they didn't play live because I know they could never adequately replicate the production on the recording that I love so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment