Saturday, September 3, 2011

Song of The Day - Day 292

Today's song is...


Unsupervised, I Hit My Head


I believe this is the first Mono Puff song I was familiar with because I saw TMBG play it at an Every Album show in Lancaster that included solo material. It's possible I had heard the album before that point but if I had, I didn't remember it. I'm afraid some of the coolness factor of TMBG playing it was lost on me but I enjoyed it all the same. It has come to be one of my favorite Mono Puff songs. It's a great rocker. I enjoy the contrast between the quiet verses and the loud, heavy rocking choruses. It's interesting to see how it evolved from the Mono Puff EP to Unsupervised, the album. I'm glad it turned into the full scale rocker that it did because I find I enjoy it quite a bit.

3 comments:

  1. I love this song. I have no qualms about saying it is, in fact, my favorite Mono Puff song. The lyrics are surprisingly dark for Flansburgh's work, I think, at least for his work at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is actually very high on the list of my favorite Flansburgh songs altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite Mono Puff song for sure. I was way thrilled when they played it in Asheville, even though I was about to pass out from exhaustion. I like that it's so clearly "about" something, which isn't something you can say for a lot of Flansburgh songs.

    ReplyDelete