Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 645

Today's song is...


Thermostat

Totally underrated song in my opinion. I really love this one. It's a little hard to explain but I think it is the rhythm of the song I enjoy more than anything else. The lyrical cadence and the way it is set to the melody. The way the horns and the bass line work together. All fantastic. I am actually not sure I had noticed what a great bass line this song has until I listened to it just now. Despite there not being that much similarity, the song reminds me of Women and Men, mostly, I think, because I like them for the same rhythmic reasons. I feel like I often forget about a lot of the songs on the back half of John Henry and am pleasantly surprised each time I listen and am reminded they exist again, because there are some really good ones hiding in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment