Thursday, October 6, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 325

Today's song is...


2082


The time travel concept in this song is rather mind boggling. Guy travels further and further into the future only to discover he is mysteriously living forever so he goes back and kills future self in 2082. But future self obviously knew something he didn't but it was too late and he wont know what it was until 2082 when past self comes to kill him. Creepy.

I have to say, I am rather proud of the fact that I figured out that this was the song on which Marty was drumming on an acoustic guitar. Go me. Marty himself said I have good ears. Or maybe I am just a tad obsessed with the drums on this album. Maybe. Either way, very cool rhythm track. Tis my favorite part of the song.

2 comments:

  1. It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out what this song was about. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I like this song just fine, I think it's probably my least favorite song on Join Us. And that is particulalry interesting to me as I don't think a Linnell song is my least favorite song on _any_ other TMBG album. And that says a lot about my opinion of Flansburgh's work on this album. I think his songwriting has really blossomed these past few years.

    ReplyDelete