Friday, October 15, 2010

Stage Announcements - 10/15/10

Well, I already shared my biggest news for this week. Look, here it is again in case you missed it (which you didn't because I posted it EVERYWHERE).

http://portwashington.patch.com/articles/speaking-with-the-band-danny-weinkauf-of-they-might-be-giants


There was also this little interview with Linnell (and isn't it odd that most of the interviews that have been coming out lately are with Linnell?).

http://morristown.patch.com/articles/here-come-they-might-be-giants-2

I thought the funniest thing about that one was Linnell, once again mentioning the soundtrack to Urinetown. I guess he hasn't listened to anything else in the last year because I was just re-listening to an interview from this time last year where he mentioned it as well. You can try listening to that interview/performance at the following link but at the moment it doesn't seem to be working.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wamc/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_ID=1558758


And lastly, it seems that former TMBG drummer Brian Doherty is penning his memoirs, including a section on his time with TMBG. He plans on releasing excerpts from that section on his blog and has posted the first one. I am honestly not sure how I feel about this. Part of me is eager for a behind the scenes look but part of me would like to avoid the tell-all nature of his narrative. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

http://briandoherty.net/me-and-tmbg/


I will be on vacation next week and away from my computer. I will do my best to get recaps of the four shows I am attending this weekend up via my phone. That is going to be in lieu of Audience Participation again. I'll try to get a picture for Wednesday ready before I go but no promises (unless any of you has something you'd like to submit?). And Stage Announcements will depend on what kind of news there is for the week. Any pictures from this weekend will be up next weekend when I return. I'll see many of you tomorrow in Port Washington!

No comments:

Post a Comment