Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 562

Today's song is...


Asheville


This was one of the venue songs I was most excited to hear in it's original venue because, while it is included on the DVD with a video, it was never included in the venue song shows the band performed. (I believe it is also the only venue song with a video but no studio recording of the song but I could be mistaken about that.) Thus it has only been performed at The Orange Peel. And it is among my favorite venue songs, largely because it is so much fun listening to the way Linnell pronounces "orange" but also because it is fun to sing along with. I think I can honestly say that The Orange Peel is one of my favorite venues. It is just a neat place, the sound is great, the stage is huge. And they have a ridiculously large ceiling fan made by a company called Big Ass Fans. We will not talk about the fact that I did not realize the line in the song was "French Broad River" and not "french frog river" until I passed a sign for said river heading into Asheville. Total head slapping moment.

1 comment:

  1. Love this song and I love the venue. Ahh, I can't wait for the boys to tour again.

    ReplyDelete