Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Don't Interrupt Me As I Struggle To Complete This Thought

I keep remembering all these little things from the shows on this trip that I forgot to include in my write-ups, so rather than go back and do edits that no one will see I am writing them all together here.

Let's see...

At the end of the Nashville show, Flans ripped all the strings off his guitar. A girl down the row from me grabbed one that he tossed into the crowd and was very excited about it.

They repeatedly mentioned a venue that they had played in earlier in this tour that smelled like poop. I believe it first came up in Charlotte and then was mentioned again in Towson. Apparently, the whole place smelled like "human feces"(Flans' quote, not mine) the whole time they were there. In Charlotte he made some kind of comment like "What's up with that shit?" To which Linnell responded, "Pun intended" and Flans said "What pun?"

I was standing right next to the old confetti canon in Charlotte and I was just finishing taking a picture when Linnell reached for the switch to set it off so I missed the motion. And it scared the shit out of me. It made a much bigger pop than I ever realized they make and I thought my heart was going to spring right out of my chest. Of course Will was just the other side of the canon from me and was laughing at me.

I managed to forget the best part of the puppet show in Towson. After announcing that we were all locked in sock puppet jail, Flans puppet said that The Avatars of They are not nice. "Perhaps you can finally see the truth in my left eye." Then he stuck his right eye into the camera. After a few moments, "Then why are you staring into my right eye? Fools!" Then Linnell-puppet chimed in, "He meant stage left, you idiots!" That combined with the invisible James Cameron stuff pretty much made me laugh myself silly.

Also in Towson, they announced that their next three shows were kids shows so (in Linnell's words) "we'll be working blue." Flans then said something with fuck in it. It's in the videos. Go check it out.

At some point in Asheville, Dan bumped into his mic stand and almost knocked it over. It went careening off in one direction then he caught it only to send it bouncing the other way. It was right in front of my head and I was completely oblivious because I was taking a picture. I got the distinct impression afterwards that I almost got clocked in the head. The "my bad" look on his face afterwards was adorable though.

Speaking of near accidents, in Charlotte, Danny got up on Curt's platform at the back to play for a song. He was rocking back and forth from one foot to another and the whole platform was rocking with him. With the way that show was going I was sure the whole thing was going to collapse under him but obviously it didn't. It didn't look very safe though.

That's all I can remember. For now anyway. Feel free to chime in with your own missing moments.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhahah I just watched the whole 'working blue' thing on youtube and about died. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I'm no longer in your presence I can comment on your blog without being weird, WOO! The "human feces" thing first came up in Asheville. I don't know how I know that, but I'm 100% positive they mentioned it there first. I completely forgot the "what pun?" bit, though. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAIT, I remembered: I know it came up in Asheville because Flans claimed that even though Trainspotting had been shot in England, they'd traveled to that particular venue just to film the bathroom scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's right! You must now come to all shows with me to help me remember all the stuff I have forgotten :-)

    And Valerie, isn't that YouTube footage amazing?! You can pretty much see the whole show! I just wish he hadn't done so much panning in and out because there were several little things I was looking for that ended up being off screen.

    Thanks for commenting guys. I haven't had comments in an age and I was starting to wonder if anyone was out there....

    ReplyDelete