Friday, September 11, 2009

Hello and Welcome to TMBG Land

Greetings! My name is Blue Canary and I am a They Might Be Giants fan. Actually that should probably be FAN. I am not one of the multitude of "enjoy listening to their music and may have been to a concert some time in the early 90s" fans. Or even one of the relatively common "own all of their albums and see them in concert every time they come to my town" fans. I am more like a "purchase every piece of music they put out as soon as it is released and travel hundreds of miles to see every concert I can possibly get to" fan. If you have ever read Kevin Kelly's blog on the 1000 True Fans, I am one of those fans.


Or, more obviously, I am one of those fans who feels the need to start a blog about their favorite band. My primary goal with this blog is to meet other fans. There are several other sites out there filled with tons of great information (most notably This Might Be A Wiki, if you have not been there - go, NOW) but I have found very little opportunity to chat with other fans who love the band as much as I do. So if you too are looking to meet other TMBG fans, hopefully, you have found the right place.


So, what can you expect from me? I'll share any and all news about the band that I find, including interviews new and old, upcoming releases, concert schedules, and anything else I can find. I am a total concert junkie, so I'll give concert reports for all the shows I attend (and there will be many) as well as photos of varying qualities from those concerts. I've got other ideas too, so I will add more content as I go along. 


What do I expect from you? Read! Comment! Share your TMBG story! Be nice and have fun!

2 comments:

  1. sweet blog kelly!
    good luck on the tour!
    i've seen TMBG quite a few times and they only get better...phish is the band who i have seen the most....almost 80 shows since '94...saw TMBG 2 years before that when i was twelve...apollo 18 tour...then i saw them at uconn in may '94...phish one month later...so who knows....if i never went to that 1st phish show maybe i would have become some super TMBG groupie...you will have a great time...don't stress too hard if it doesn't all go according to plan because it probably won't...hope to make it to AMNH in October...really hoping to make it to Indio, CA for Halloween, but that is a far shot! PEACE!
    James "Dude" Peitler

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I tell people how many TMBG shows I've been too they always compare me to a Phish fan. Somehow they seem to be the band that people associate with that kind of dedicated following. Obviously we all just know that nothing compares with the live experience :-)

    Hope to see you at the AMNH. Those shows look like they will be really fun!

    Thanks for reading and giving me my first comment!

    ReplyDelete