Monday, September 14, 2009

The Great TMBG Road Trip 2009

I am an absolute nut about live shows. My favorite place in the world to be is standing in front of the stage in a venue crowded with TMBG fans with the sound of crickets just starting to play on the PA (if you've been to a show recently, you know what I'm talking about). That moment makes all the hours of driving and standing in line and the eventual lack of sleep totally worth while.

I've been to 13 already this year, 25 in total, across 7 states. If a show is within day trip distance, my boyfriend and I are usually there. We've been very lucky in the last year and a half, that the band has stuck pretty close to home. And though I know that those of you in the rest of the country deserve some live TMBG too, it still breaks my heart just a little bit when they travel father than I can get to.

So come October, when the band hits the road in support of Here Comes Science, the boy and I are taking some time off work and setting out on The Great TMBG Road Trip 2009. We'll be seeing 15 shows in 18 days in 8 states. We'll probably be exhausted when we're done and we may be thoroughly sick of Flood, since half the shows are featuring full performances of the album (which we have already seen in full four times) but we plan of having a total blast anyway.

To count down to our trip I will be recapping a past show I have attended (to the best of my memory) every day between now and our first show on October 1st. Then I'll post from the road about each show as it happens and share whatever pictures I get when I get back.

That means a whole lotta live show goodness heading your way!

The shows we will be attending are as follows:

October 1st - Ithaca, NY - The State Theater
October 2nd - Albany, NY - The Egg
October 4th - NYC, NY - American Museum of Natural History (2 shows)
October 8th - Detroit, MI - St. Andrew's Hall
October 9th - St. Louis, MO - The Pageant
October 10th - Chicago, IL - The Vic (2 shows)
October 11th - Madison, WI - The Barrymore Theater
October 13th - Indianapolis, IN - The Vogue
October 15th - Cleveland, OH - Beachland Ballroom
October 16th - Pittsburgh, PA - Mr. Small's
October 17th - Kutztown, PA - Kutztown University (2 shows)
October 18th - NYC, NY - Skirball Center for the Performing Arts

If you are going to be at any of those shows, please say hi. I'm the one with the pigtails and the bird on her back.

No comments:

Post a Comment