Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Birthday, Flansy!

John Flansburgh is living proof that some people only improve with age. With each album the band releases, I am more and more impressed with Flans' songwriting. Join Us contained not just one but two  Flans-written songs that quickly shot onto my Top 25 list and at least two more that are easily in my Top 100. And Too Tall Girl from Nanobots is one of the most brilliantly delightful songs I have experienced.

As a showman, Flans is at the top of his game, driving what is, arguably (though I may be biased), the liveliest, funniest, most thoroughly entertaining show in live music today. He rocks out so hard on a nightly basis, that I often get tired just watching him. The energy he pours into every show is electric and a huge part of what makes the shows so fun. Not to mention his impressive ability to make absolutely anything funny, when stated into a microphone with a robot vocal effect. ;-)

And as the driving force behind the band's social media presence, Flans provides a personal connection between the band and the fans that is all too rare. It never ceases to amaze me that when I have a question, rather than just idly wonder and debate with other fans, I can pose it to Flans on Tumblr and have an answer in a matter of days. The time and attention Flans devotes to the fans is invaluable and I for one am continuously grateful for it.

With all that being said, please join me in wishing a very happy birthday to Mr. Flansburgh. I sincerely hope he is celebrating with a lot of cake and a big glass of wine. Here's to another brilliant year in the life of one of my very favorite people. Can't wait to see what comes next!


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

TMBG 12/29/12 #28

No comments:

Post a Comment