Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Story of the Day

I was on Facebook today reading my news feed when the TMBG page posted a new link to one of the Venue Song videos with a note about the second leg of the tour. Naturally, I immediately hit the "like" button. Ten seconds later I get the notification "They Might Be Giants commented on their link." "Thats weird, they must have needed to clarify something or correct a typo in the comments," I think. I click on the notification. Nope. Turns out who ever does those status updates has decided to thank me, by name, for "liking" the link. Even though I know it is as likely to be one of their publicity people as it is to be a member of the band, this still makes me happy for the rest of the day. Yes, I am just that much of a dork.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! Same goes! I have another TMBG related one all picked out to get sometime in the near future. Just waiting for available funds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what's it going to be? Hey, I'm heading up to MA on 12/31. It'll be my 4th TMBG New Years Eve, but the first time that the show will be over before midnight. What's up with that?? I have no idea what my friend Paul and I will be doing afterwards before heading to our hotel room. Any ideas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tattoo is going to be one of the newer band logos. I think I'm getting it on Tuesday so there will be pictures soon.

    What IS up with the show ending before midnight? Maybe they'll just keep playing until the clock turns :-D

    Otherwise, according to one of my co-workers, Northampton has a pretty extensive First Night celebration. There are shows and concerts throughout the day, fireworks just after dark and a ball raising at midnight. You need to buy a button to go to any of the shows but the ball raising stuff might be free. Might be worth looking into. http://www.gazettenet.com/firstnight/

    ReplyDelete